Scribblings

Scribblings of a lazy blogger.......

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Step Moms

I dont know how many have u have watched Susan Sarandon, Julia Roberts starrer Step Mom. I have watched it many times and have cried everytime I saw it. It is a kind of movie which chokes your throat and brings water to your eyes.

For many people who know me this may be a shock. I lost my mom when I was 11. A very unfortunate incident that changed our lives very much. I was young and the loss affected me much lesser than how it would have affected my dad and sister. My sister, she was there as a pillar of support. I would turn to her for everything I needed. She was very strict but thats what has brought me to what I am.

My dad remarried a few years later. There were many apprehensions to what the new lady would be like. There goes a saying that when God closes a door he opens another. For me he opened two. One was my sister's revelation as a very compassionate companion and the other was our second mother - I will not call her my step mother. She is our second mother.

She accepted us as we are and there were a few ripples at the start but they became a matter of no concern later. There is bound to be these comparisons between our moms and that is natural and human. But as the person she is she is the best and we accepted as she is. I dont remember a day when she would have scolded me. She has been very compassionate and she has been the best a second mom can be. I really thank god for what happened to us. I always keep saying that i dont have any luck in life. Maybe getting her was the best Lady Luck could do to us.

My second step mom, my sister. She is the source of my energy, my dumping ground of tempers, my idea of the best girl, my pillar, my weakness and whatever I am is what she is. She is just there whenever I want and the best thing that happened to me ever.

I will never ever complain in my life of bad luck. Lady luck has smiled her best smile at me and I should be grateful for that.

3 comments:

Neethi said...

Raghu...I can totally understand what u say about sisters..I consider my sis too as my idol.There is no one like her in the world.Maybe losing your mother at such a young age,made you search for a motherly figure in her.Good for you...you had a nice alternative..i'm saying alternative b'cos nothing can take the place of one's mother

~SuCh~ said...

Hey Raghu, didnt know u had an emotional side.. always say u as a happy-go-lucky guy...Guess two ladies have had their share in making so.. Kudos to both of them! and to you too for seeing life from such an objective angle !!

Anonymous said...

u know da...i jus wish u were my own son...
but unfortunately u r a blessing only to a lucky mother...
but god knows may be, that i would have made a better sis than a mom to u...
urs forever...